Friday, March 28, 2008

I Am Legend

I'm a bit behind on some of the newer movies, so cut me a little slack. I watched this on Wednesday night and was pretty impressed. I figured it would be another Will Smith, money making blockbuster type, but I really enjoyed it.

Basically, you get Big Willy Style and his dog for around 58 minutes. And that's all the people in the movie. However, Will carries it pretty well. Ever seen Castaway? I love Tom Hanks, but gimme a break. This film does a good job of jumping from the past to the present to explain the plot, as well as give you a sense of what it would feel like if you were the last person on earth. By the way, I totally want the dog from this movie. He rocks.

Some felt that the ending was a little weird, but I disagree. I thought it was a well designed and acted film. The special effects are a little too...blocky? but we're kind of spoiled nowadays by special effects, so I give that a pass.

I know I'm being a little cryptic on this review, but it's one of those movies that you really can't describe in detail without ruining it. Comments are most certainly welcome.

Overall score:
4 out of 5 post-Armageddon zombie limbs

2 comments:

Hadley said...

I loved this movie. Zombies rule. Live people drool.

Hadley said...

Oh, and also because I'm all cracked out on caffeine and don't know when to stop commenting on my friends' blogs, check this out:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html